A Chair That Thinks For You
| The Think Fabric Chair by Steelcase is intuitive to your movement, hugging you comfortably no matter what position you are sitting in or how much you move around at your desk. After sitting in this top-of-the-line chair, you might swear it has a brain consciously noting your exact body type as well as every movement you make. To achieve this groundbreaking performance, the Think Fabric Chair features a dynamic profile seat and back, power mechanism, and preference control lever designed to keep you comfortable and supported. Furthermore, adjustable arms, seat height, and footring, and a flexible seat edge allow you to search and find your favorite position with ease.
The only thing smarter than the Think Fabric Chair itself is the ergonomically and environmentally responsible design that went into creating this amazing chair. The Think is available in a number of upholstered fabric colors, three base options, and more for your to customize a seating solution that matches your design style and office decor. Perfect for conference rooms or high desks, The Think Fabric Chair is an aesthetic, responsible, and - above all - a smart choice for your home or office.
a. Your Profile™ Seat and Back
Back flexors track with the individual movement of your spine and pelvis. The back flexors are individually shaped to the human form to provide optimum support for each area of the back. Seat flexors conform to your shape, providing a dynamic comfort pocket.
b. Your Power™ Mechanism
The Your Power Mechanism moves as fluidly as the human body does. It provides recline support in proportion to your own body weight, while keeping you oriented to your work.
c. Height, Depth, Width, and Pivot Arms
Arms telescope in and out, move forward and back, pivot and adjust up and down so you can find a natural position that comfortably supports the wrists, forearms, shoulders and neck.
d. Flexible Seat Edge
When you recline or lean forward, the seat edge flexes to relieve pressure on the back of the legs.
e. Your Preference™ Control
The Your Preference Control combines four comfort settings into one simple dial. Select your favorite setting: weight activated, weight activated with at 20% boost, mid-stop recline, and upright back lock
Dimensions and Adjustability:
16" to 21”
Adjusts for different statures.
Ample support for the upper leg.
Back Height from Seat:
Ample support for people of all sizes.
Arm Height from Seat:
7" to 11"
Accommodates different arm lengths.
15.25" to 19.75"
Ample space for arm movement.
Adds comfort when reclining.
Adjusts “push back” when reclining.
Variable Back Stop:
Mimics natural spine shape as you move.
23" to 25"
37.125" to 41.75"
26.5"L x 26"W x 24"H
- Industrial Design Excellence (IDEA) Gold Award: BusinessWeek magazine and Industrial Designers Society of America
- Red Dot Award for Product Design: Germany
- Good Design Award: The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design
- Enterprise & Environment Award – French Minister of Ecology and Sustainability: Pollutec
- Editor’s Choice Award: NeoCon
- Sustainable Design: Gold Award: IIDEX
- Innovative Product: Gold Award: IIDEX
- Workstation Seating: Silver Award: IIDEX and BusinessWeek magazine and Industrial Designers Society of America
The Think chair was designed to be an environmentally responsible product.
- Up to 98% recyclable by weight
- Made with up to 37% recycled content
- NF Environment Label in France for environmental quality
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Indoor Air Quality Certified
- Crade-to-Cradle Certificate – Gold awarded by McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry (MBDC)
- level™ 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard
- Disassembles in less than 5 minutes with a common tool
Designed by Glen Oliver Löw
German designer Glen Oliver Löw says of the creation of the Think chair, "Design isn't just about style. It's about integrity of materials, functional integrity and intent. Think is a truthful chair - the result of open dialogue between engineers, environmentalists, and the designer." Löw worked as the design partner of Antonio Citterio for over a decade, together creating accessible, clean, modern forms. Today, Löw continues to create designs that are transparent in their function. He says, "Transparency means that you show each component of the chair, that you can read its structure and understand how it works."
The Think Chair is covered by Steelcase's Limited Lifetime Warranty. Learn More Here.